Security means ensuring every US household has safe, affordable housing.
Rent—let alone buying your very own home—is just out of take way too many families. Pete will spend $430 billion to unlock use of affordable housing for over 7 million families. He’ll significantly boost the method of getting affordable housing because they build or restoring over 2 million devices when it comes to lowest-income Us americans, along with work to reform zoning that is local to make it better to build housing for working and middle-class families. Pete may also spend money on homeownership, especially for Ebony Us americans, enabling 1 million more low-income families to become home owners. Along with his management is going to make critical opportunities in neighborhood infrastructure, training, and company development to ensure every neighbor hood is a community of opportunity.
Other Important Policy Areas
- Pass a Community Homestead Act to improve affordable housing and revitalize communities
- Increase nationwide affordable housing investment
- Improve defenses for tenant liberties
- End homelessness for families with young ones
- Fund an investment that is national affordable housing construction
- Expand federal defenses for tenants against eviction and unjust harassment